Companies invited to participate in the Scale-Up stream will work with the frontline Innovation Platoon on the first deployment of innovative, commercial ready products.
Accelerator benefits include:
- Incubation space in the Venture13® VentureZone (one free seat for one year, valued at $1,500).
- Customer demonstration project with dedicated police liaison support from our accelerator team for a minimum of one year.
- Direct investment opportunity from Northumberland CFDC of up to $50,000 for qualifying companies—terms and conditions apply (see below).
- Perks from our innovation partners, including TELUS and IBM, including development kits, cloud-computing credits and more.
- Marketing and promotional top-spin.
Our process of shortlisting applications for invitation to the competition is based on the following evaluations:
- Recommendation and summary of due diligence in review of the application by the V13 Policetech Accelerator Business Development Officer.
- The summative recommendation of the Innovation Platoon based on scoring the Project Summary. Information on scoring criteria will be provided in the Call for Applications and may change based on the challenge statement.
Eligible applicants under the Scale-Up stream must:
- Be a for-profit venture in the early commercialization or growth stage, incorporated in Canada, and normally having been in operations for more than two years (startup or SME).
- Have a novel, innovative and technology-driven solution to an unsolved problem in policing. Specific types of solutions will be defined by the current Call for Applications.
- Normally be at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6-7
Scale-Up Technology Focus
- Big data/predictive analytics
- Evidence-based policing
- Distributed sensing/virtual patrols
- Community/public relations optimization
- Other smart policing technologies
V13 Policetech Accelerator Founding Partner, Northumberland CFDC, may, in its sole discretion, provide up to $50,000 in investment for companies admitted by the Chief of Police into the Scale-Up stream of the V13 Policetech accelerator, in one of the following forms:
- Convertible note
- Venture debt
Additional financing solutions may be available up to $250,000 by separate application to Northumberland CFDC’s Community Futures Program (CFP).
The outcome of the competition will be determined by the Chief of Police, who will decide which—if any—shortlisted applicants are admitted to the full accelerator program.
Expression of Interest
1. Expression of Interest
2. Due Diligence
5. V13 Polictech Accelerator Agreement
6. Demonstration Project
Current Scale-Up stream Call for Applications:
From time to time, the V13 Policetech Accelerator will issue a call outlining specific problems for which we are seeking innovation-driven solutions.