Expression of Interest applicants will be invited to demonstrate their technologies/solutions in front of (or virtually) the Innovation Platoon to obtain final approval for a pilot. If the technology is approved for a pilot – terms of the pilot will then be negotiated with the company in order to ensure mutual agreement on specific timeframe for the pilot, milestones and metrics.
Pilot benefits include
- Direct feedback from Innovation Platoon and CPS officers
- Testing and Validation testing in simulated or real world scenarios
- Access to our network of B2B and assistance with go-to-market strategy.
- Potential investment opportunities through NCFDC
- Perks from our innovation partners, including TELUS and IBM, including development kits, cloud-computing credits and more.
- Marketing and promotional top-spin.
Eligible applicants under the Pilot Program must:
- Be a for-profit venture in the early commercialization or growth stage, incorporated in Canada, and normally having been in operations for more than one year with at least 1 FTE.
- Have a novel, innovative and technology-driven solution to an unsolved problem in policing.
- Normally be at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6-7